Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Twitter in 2 words

Now that I have been using Twitter for approximately 2 months I feel like I am able to reflect about the service and what it brings to the world.

In 2 words I feel like I can describe Twitter, Life-Changing.

I wasn't at all sure what I was getting myself into when I signed up for Twitter but I believe it was well worth it.  I have come up with lists about Twitter that I believe are worth sharing.

What It does great:


  • Connects teachers and anyone to people across the globe that they never would have met.
  •  Spreads a little upbeat joy to everyone.
  • An easy way to find some neat web apps and cool sites. (especially from @shannonmmiller)
  • An easy way for anyone to get news updates on weather to a crash on the interstate.
What makes Twitter great for me:

  • I can interact with others who have the same passion and understanding as me. In general people I am constantly around get very tired of always hearing about the library.
  • A quick way to get answers for just about anything from what camcorder should I buy, to how can I add pizazz to my blog, to What is a PLN?
  • A place to put my thoughts where I feel like people are listening.
  • A place for me to build my PLN 15 years in advance! ;)  At that point in time I'm not sure if my Personal Learning Network will be outdated.  I'm truthfully not sure what I am going to use my group of educators I have gathered (PLN) for at this moment. (Note to self: tomorrow's blog post)
Some actual reflecting now...

Earlier I said that Twitter is Life-Changing so here is why in my perspective... Twitter has changed my life by connecting me to the world.  You don't have to wait until the 6:00 news to know that the fireworks display was canceled, or have to wait for the Thursday paper to learn what happened LAST week. You can access the news & people & updates specifically about things YOU like ANYTIME.
  Lets face it... The only bad things about Twitter is that it is  addicting, time consuming, & has too many whale carrying birds!

What does Twitter do to help you? How do we use Twitter effectively? When do we know we are using Twitter effectively?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!